Friday 30 December 2011

Montagne Jeunesse Chocolate Face Mask Review

You can never have too much chocolate, not even at Christmas when you stuff your faces full of it - well I certainly do! Last night I tried a chocolate face mask too. Apparently it is great for moisturising, and as its Winter with a chill in the air drying out my face I thought it would be perfect.

I even got the fiancé involved! Although he used Superdrug's Sensitive Deep Cleansing Mud Mask. He looked a bit funny as he was laying on the sofa with his glasses over the top of the mask reading his Kindle - so cute!

Anyways, the Montagne Jeunesse website says this "Indulge in our guilt free natural treat of creamy delights with our Chocolate Masque. We’ve blended Fairly Traded Cocoa Butter from the sunny islands of the Dominican, with crushed Cocoa and ultra-moisturising Shea to leave skin silky soft and deeply cleansed. The listed ingredients are: Cocoa, dead sea salt, mediterranean clay and shea butter. And the instructions say: "Cleanse with warm water only. Apply evenly over face and neck with fingertips, avoiding eyes and lips. Lie back & relax for 10-15 minutes, or until dry. Rinse off with warm water. Pat dry. Use weekly"

I applied a thin layer to my face, then squeezed out more product from the sachet to give a thicker layer, then there was still more mask so I actually ended up what I would call a really thick heavy layer of face mask on my face. Thumbs up for the amount of product you get versus the price (usually around £1). The 10-15 minutes of waiting went by very quickly and I could gently feel my skin tightening as the mask dried. I took pictures but tried not too smile too much in case the mask cracked!


Once I had washed off the mask (I used a flannel and warm water - it didn't take too much scrubbing and I think this shows a good mask - you shouldn't have to make your face go red/sore from rubbing!) I stroked my face and it felt as smooth as a baby's bum, I'm not even joking - I don't remember the last time it was this smooth! I am going to stick to my new skincare routine and hope the feeling lasts! I have been moisturising my face more than normal due to it being Winter but that's what everyone does isn't it?

Overall a cheapish product which is fun (they come in so many flavours/varieties!), easy, not time consuming and very effective.

Let me know if you have had any good experiences with face masks!! ext post I'll be jumping on the bandwagon and doing a "Best of 2011". xoxo

3 comments:

Kat said...

wonderful review! :) happy new years! ^-^

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love the chocolate mask smells delish lol happy new year wish you all the best x

http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

samwells87 said...

@Kat - Happy new years to you too, hope its a special one for you!

@Lolita - I didn't actually notice the smell of the mask as I had a cold, damn! lol

xoxo

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...